Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Avvvvverage Joe

Average? What is average? I don't know about you but I hate being referred to as average. It's like being stuck in a large crowd of people all trying to get recognized by a person in the front offering 50 bucks to the first person to shout their name. What's the possibility of that celebrity actually taking notice of you? No one wants to be average. If you are average how do you expect to be as successful as you would like in life? How am I to get through medical school if I just stay an average college student trying to make it through classes.

I've recently been taught by a wiser man than I (meaning just about anyone out there) that you can't just settle for average. What you have to do is take a giant cone with you when you go with the crowd so you can shout out louder than the rest. Being extraordinary is going to be one of the hardest things to do, the wise man says, but in the end it will be insanely worth it. Everyday you've got to start out in the morning by setting goals and reflecting on them by the end of the day. I've decided to do this everyday, i'm only on day 3 but it's working great! It's quite empowering cause it makes you feel like you really can do anything when you go over the goals you completed that day in the afternoon. I highly suggest trying it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment